Spring is here (despite this crazy weather) and with the season change comes time for cleaning out all those rooms and closets. Facebook has a new marketplace feature where it is super easy to post things for sale. Between this and apps like OfferUp it is now a breeze to sell your extra items and make some easy cash.
This year I made a plan and had great success spring cleaning.
Here’s the plan:
- Take photos of my items
- Google items to get a good price range
- Write up a quick description of the items
- Post 1-2 items per day online
- Then, place that day’s Items in my van once posted
- Pick a meeting space that was in public (Short Pump Town Center Parking Lot)
- Get my cash, give my item, and that’s it!
Through posting 2 items a day, 5 days a week, in a month we made several thousands of dollars that would have otherwise just been donated. If any items were not purchased by the end of the week, I donated them and took the receipt and put it with our tax information for next year’s charity deductions.
Here some tips to make more cash.
- Take great photos.
- Put clothes in a trash bag and sell sizes in bulk rather than individually.
- Create a great description including brand names.
- Group items together if possible.
- Tag someone who could possibly use the items.
- Do not haggle. Post in the description that prices are firm.
It took less than an hour total to post items. I planned the meetings in public which meant that no one was getting my address. I often coordinated meetings when my husband could be there as well for additional safety.
Now I have a savings account full of cash, a closet cleaned of all those extras, and one happy momma ahead of the game on spring cleaning!